- Company: Speedway
- Location: Enon, OH
- Employee Type: Full-Time/Permanent
- Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Market Research, or other quantitative field
- Post Date: 1/31/13
- Contact: Katie Hostasa, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for performing independent research of market trends, customer purchasing history, supply chain, and operational data to determine product lines and modifications that will drive the direction of the company’s marketing plan. Analyze research data relative to current product mix to create and recommend changes to the company marketing plan, such changes to include new products, suppliers, etc.
- Work closely with commodity managers, operations, etc. to analyze business data and develop reporting to help monitor key performance indicators.
- Attend supplier performance meetings and present performance results/recommendations.
- Identify areas where supply chain opportunities exist.
- Assess marketing program effectiveness, retention program effectiveness, and conduct trend analysis and produce internal reports that will identify industry trends and potential changes to product mix
- Develop product usage reports, analyze data and make recommendations regarding changes to product mix in accordance with market trend, customer purchasing preferences, etc.
- Support development of the marketing plan/product strategy by providing customer and operational data to the category management teams
- Implement a process for the collection and management of market research data.
- Identify reporting needs and/or gaps and recommend improvements to the company’s reporting tools as appropriate
- Create and update reports to help translate data and analysis into key highlights/insights.
- Track consumer marketing budget and analyze variances between forecast and actual results.
- Provide other ad-hoc analysis and reporting support.
What’s in it for you?!
- 401K with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, Dental and life Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Challenging Growth Opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
- Full proficiency with MS Office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) in order to build spreadsheets and data bases.
- Experience with Micro Strategy and Data Warehouse preferred.
- Detail-oriented, customer-focused, ability to multi-task and think strategically and creatively, demonstrated ability to work in a team environment across all levels of management.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented with ability to analyze complex data and translate into comprehensive business goals.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- Understanding of process improvement and/or supply chain management concepts
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues
- Good understanding of intra-department functions and operations