The Traffic Club of Pittsburgh 2014 Scholarship
Application Requirements and Qualification Criteria
Application to Include:
1. Resume (please include your family home address as well as your school address and telephone numbers where you can be contacted.)
2. Official certified copy of most recent college grade transcript from the Registrar’s Office. (See Additional Information – next page.)
3. A letter of recommendation from one of your transportation / logistics / supply-chain management professors. (See Additional Information – next page.)
4. A one-page composition (original writing-double spaced) on one of the following topics:
a. Describe to us what you feel would be your ideal job, upon graduation, in the field of transportation, logistics or supply chain management, and why; or
b. Tell us about your most interesting transportation, logistics or supply chain management class to date, and how you feel you might use the course content in your first job after graduating; or
c. Describe or highlight one aspect of one of your internships or out-of-classroom work experiences which you anticipate will help you become a more qualified supply chain management professional and a better leader in transportation, logistics or supply chain management.
1. Student must be currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college program (US) with a major in a broad field of transportation, distribution, logistics or supply chain management.
2. Student must have completed his/her sophomore year (or one half of graduating credit requirements) and completed a minimum of two courses in the major field of study.
3. Student must provide a certified transcript indicating that a minimum cumulative, as well as major, grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 based scale), has been maintained.
4. Selected candidates MUST be present in Pittsburgh on the occasion of the Traffic Club of Pittsburgh Annual Dinner (Thursday March 20, 2014) in person to receive their $6,000 scholarship award.
Scholarships will be not less than $6,000 each. In March 2013, the club was able to award
seven scholarships. We are hopeful similar resources will be available for the 2014 program.
(continued on next page)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED, EMAILED OR FORWARDED BY
OVERNIGHT SERVICE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2014
Forward application to: or email no later than Feb 14, 2014 to
The Traffic Club of Pittsburgh firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Scholarship Committee Note: Certified transcript should be sent
3361 Stafford Street to the street mailing address by the
Pittsburgh, PA 15204-1441 registrar’s office.
WTS (Women’s Transportation Seminar) is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships to qualified female students interested in pursuing careers in transportation.
Graduate (both due November 12th):
· Overly Scholarship – local award $1,800, international award $10,000
· Leadership Legacy – local award $500, international award $5,000
· Banks Scholarship – local award $1,000, international award $5,000 due Nov 4th
· Molitoris Leadership Scholarship – local award $1,500, int’l award $5,000 due Nov 12th
All applicants must be female, have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and be planning to pursue a career in transportation. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications can be downloaded at: