1. Faculty Advisor The Faculty Advisor brings continuity of leadership to the TLA, and serves as an advisor and mentor for the officers. This position not only ensures that the TLA is moving towards its vision, but also that it is following its mission and living by its values.
2. President The role of the TLA President is the most strategic of any of the TLA leadership roles. The President is charged with moving the TLA closer to its vision by motivating and coordinating the actions of each of the officers. The President is an embodiment of the TLA credo, constantly reinforcing the organization’s vision, mission and values. While the President is a long-term planner, he/she must also have an intimate understanding of the day-to-day operations of the TLA. The TLA President must maintain and grow current TLA activities, as well as develop and cultivate new programs, systems, and events. The President seeks to maximize value for students, companies, and faculty.
3. VP, Operations The Vice President of Operations role is both strategic and tactical. The VPO is charged with scheduling and coordinating the weekly professional meetings, developing and maintaining relationships with companies, and seeking new ways to benefit supporting companies.
4. VP, Administration The Vice President of Administration serves as the business manager and historian for the TLA. In addition to managing all finances of the organization and documenting meetings to note value-added activities, the VPA is also responsible for publishing the quarterly newsletter.
5. VP, Membership The Vice President of Membership, like the Vice President of Operations, is both a strategic and tactical role. In addition to keeping membership abreast of everything the TLA is doing, the VP of Membership must also track current membership, seek new ways of involving TLA members, lead the TLA Community Outreach program and Recruiting Committee, and gauge the amount of value TLA adds for its members through regular surveys. On a strategic level, the VP of Membership continually seeks new ways for the TLA to add value for its students.
6. VP, Marketing Working closely with the VP’s of Membership and Information Systems, the Vice President of Marketing will seek to involve new members in the TLA by keeping the OSU campus well informed of TLA activities, as well as leading the bulletin board committee.
7. VP, Information Systems Working closely with each of the TLA officers, Vice President of Information Systems maintains all electronic data for the organization and manages our web home.
8. VP, Alumni and Professional Development To better prepare our student members to enter the “real world” of logistics, the Vice President of Alumni and Professional Development will establish, cultivate and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between the TLA and relevant professional organizations, as well as building relationships with alumni of our logistics program and facilitating networking for the alumni both between one another and with the TLA students.
9. VP, Special Events In an effort to create one face to our students, companies and faculty, the Vice President of Special Events is charged with leading the Resume, Career Fair, Banquet and Tour Committees to create a sense of continuity among each of these seemingly unrelated events.
10. Newsletter Committee To create greater awareness of TLA activities, the Newsletter Committee works with the VP of Administration to construct and publish a quarterly newsletter detailing the TLA schedule.
11. Outreach Committee To give back to the Columbus and Ohio State Communities, the Outreach Committee works with the VP of Membership to identify and engage in Community Service projects.
12. Recruiting Committee To contribute to the grow of the Transportation and Logistics Association, the Recruiting Committee works with the VP of Marketing to create programs that will attract new members.
13. Bulletin Board Committee To increase awareness of the TLA and its activities, as create one face to our student members, the Bulletin Board Committee works with the VP of Information Systems to construct and maintain a bulletin board that reflects the same information available on the TLA webpage.
14. Career Fair Committee To help connect our student members with quality employers, the Career Fair Committee works with the VP of Special Events to plan, coordinate and execute the Annual Logistics Career Fair.
15. Banquet Committee To celebrate the field of Logistics and to spur social and professional networking among our student, company and faculty members, the Banquet Committee will work with the VP of Special Events to plan, coordinate and execute the Annual Logistics Banquet.
16. Tour Committee To further our student members understanding of “real-world” logistics operations, the Tour Committee will work with the VP of Special Events to plan, coordinate, and execute the Annual Logistics Tour.
17. Resume Committee To provide our student and company members another avenue through which to find one another, the Resume Committee will work with the VP of Special Events to plan, coordinate, and execute the assimilation of resumes from student members to the TLA website.