Posted by Scott on January 24, 2011
Welcome to the TLA! Whether you are a company, student, alumni or just interested in logistics, we strive to bring you information and opportunities that meet your needs whether you are entering the job world or seeking talent for your organization. Click below to find out how to get involved.
“To provide students with pivotal resources and exceptional opportunities which augment their knowledge of logistics and supply chain management. Our efforts construct a cohesive network of students and professionals that serves as a pipeline for our members to become the innovative leaders of tomorrow.”
This is a sticky post! continue reading?
Posted by Wangmin Zhang on September 18, 2013
The Transportation & Logistics Council (TLC) is a not-for-profit
corporation dedicated to serving the interests of the shipping community
through education and representation in issues relating to the
transportation of goods. To see more info, check out http://www.tlcouncil.org/
The Council has offered logistics students at Fisher a free complimentary
subscription to the monthly TransDigest, leading edge trade journal in the
logistics industry, that is normally only available to TLC members (a $395
To get your complimentary subscription to the TransDigest, please
join the TLC LinkedIn group, then email Greg Hammons (Hammons.firstname.lastname@example.org)
who will validate your subscription.
Benefits of being a member of the council include: a great opportunity to
build your resume, gain professional knowledge about the transportation
industry, and participating in the Council’s Annual Conference, “Education
for Transportation Professionals”, that will be held in Nashville, TN March 17th-19th 2014.
Hope to hear from you all soon
Posted by lettiewilliams on August 27, 2013
The 2013 TLA Career Fair will take place on September 9th, 2013 at the Blackwell Inn in Ballrooms A, B, and C. The event will be from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM with the first half hour being reserved exclusively for TLA members. Non-members are invited to join at 7:30 PM. For members there is no attendance fee and for non-members the fee will be $1.
If you have any further questions please contact Lettie Williams at email@example.com
Posted by lettiewilliams on June 21, 2013
The Logistics Association will be hosting our annual Career Fair this fall on Monday, September 9th from 7:00pm-9:30pm. It will be held in the Blackwell Inn Ballrooms A,B, and C. This event provides an outstanding opportunity to meet with current professionals and recruiters in the field of Logistics and Supply Chain. Many of the companies in attendance will have available positions both for full time work and internships. It is encouraged that all of our members attend as well as any other students (undergraduate and MBA welcomed) who are interested in pursuing the aforementioned opportunities. Please direct any questions to Lettie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and don’t forget to have your resume polished in time for the Career Fair!
Posted by lettiewilliams on May 13, 2013
Companies interested in attending The Logistics Association’s Career Fair on September 9th, 2013 are now able to register by visiting the link below and filling out the necessary information. Please follow the numbered on screen instructions under the event ‘Details’.
2013 Career Fair Company Registration
If the hyperlink does not work the page is also available on the right hand side of the home page under ‘Upcoming Events’ entitled ’2013 Career Fair Company Registration’.
Do not hesitate to contact Lettie Williams at email@example.com with any questions!
Posted by Wangmin Zhang on March 28, 2013
Posted by Wangmin Zhang on February 15, 2013
Position: Account Coordinator – Logistics/Freight Management – Westlake, Ohio
Ardmore Power Logistics, LLC, a 3PL Company serving the energy industry, regularly has openings for Account Coordinators. To fill these positions, Ardmore seeks responsible, professional candidates with transportation experience and strong decision making skills.
For more information look under the jobs listing section!
Posted by Wangmin Zhang on February 1, 2013
Are you up for a challenge? Are you looking to join an industry leader that offers unlimited opportunities? Apply now to join our team!
- Company: Speedway
- Location: Enon, OH
- Employee Type: Full-Time/Permanent
- Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Market Research, or other quantitative field
- Post Date: 1/31/13
- Contact: Katie Hostasa, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for performing independent research of market trends, customer purchasing history, supply chain, and operational data to determine product lines and modifications that will drive the direction of the company’s marketing plan. Analyze research data relative to current product mix to create and recommend changes to the company marketing plan, such changes to include new products, suppliers, etc.
- Work closely with commodity managers, operations, etc. to analyze business data and develop reporting to help monitor key performance indicators.
- Attend supplier performance meetings and present performance results/recommendations.
- Identify areas where supply chain opportunities exist.
- Assess marketing program effectiveness, retention program effectiveness, and conduct trend analysis and produce internal reports that will identify industry trends and potential changes to product mix
- Develop product usage reports, analyze data and make recommendations regarding changes to product mix in accordance with market trend, customer purchasing preferences, etc.
- Support development of the marketing plan/product strategy by providing customer and operational data to the category management teams
- Implement a process for the collection and management of market research data.
- Identify reporting needs and/or gaps and recommend improvements to the company’s reporting tools as appropriate
- Create and update reports to help translate data and analysis into key highlights/insights.
- Track consumer marketing budget and analyze variances between forecast and actual results.
- Provide other ad-hoc analysis and reporting support.
What’s in it for you?!
- 401K with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health, Dental and life Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Challenging Growth Opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
- Full proficiency with MS Office product suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) in order to build spreadsheets and data bases.
- Experience with Micro Strategy and Data Warehouse preferred.
- Detail-oriented, customer-focused, ability to multi-task and think strategically and creatively, demonstrated ability to work in a team environment across all levels of management.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented with ability to analyze complex data and translate into comprehensive business goals.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills
- Understanding of process improvement and/or supply chain management concepts
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues
- Good understanding of intra-department functions and operations
Posted by Wangmin Zhang on January 26, 2013
The Logistics Association
2013-2014 Academic Year – Executive Board Applications
The Logistics Association is now accepting 2013-2014 TLA officer applications, you can find the attached application form here at
Fill out the application form and email to email@example.com by 11:59PM on Friday, February 1st 2013
Posted by Wangmin Zhang on January 23, 2013
Pacer Logistics – Logistics Sales Professional
Immediate need and Spring Graduates
Making Your World Run Smoother!
Pacer International, Inc. is a global transportation and logistics services provider with offices spanning from our Dublin, OH headquarters to China. Our recruitment focus is to attract talented and driven individuals whose contributions will help our Company exceed 2011 revenues of $1.5 billion.
Pacer covers customers’ needs on the rail, on the road, via the ocean and air, in the warehouse, and thru the supply chain. We are dedicated to utilizing each Associates strength to assist our customers. Through our team’s efforts, we help our customers’ worlds run smoother every day.
For more information look under the jobs listing section!